Surgery Center Fees:
- We will verify your insurance and determine your out of pocket expenses (if any) such as deductibles and co-payments.
- We are required by contract to collect all co-pays and deductibles. Please be prepared to pay these expenses as well as non insurance covered expenses on the day of your visit.
- We accept cash, personal checks, Visa and Mastercard.
- You may receive a separate bill from, anesthesia, pathology, the surgeon, or other services related to your surgery.
- For cosmetic and non insured procedures please consult with your surgeon regarding payment arrangements.
If you are covered by health insurance, please remember this is a contract between yourself and the insurance carrier. We will submit all insurance claims for you, including secondary insurance. However, to ensure proper processing of your claims, it is vital you supply our office with accurate and up-to-date information at the time of your surgery. This includes any necessary patient-completed forms your insurance carrier may require, and a current copy of your insurance card. Any amount not paid by an insurance carrier would be the patient’s responsibility. We will verify your coverage prior to surgery. Any deductible, copay, and/or coinsurance will be collected the day of your procedure.
Truvista Surgery Center will bill all claims for our patients. You may receive an additional statement if your out of pocket liability is more than what was collected prior to surgery.
Medicare Part B:
Truvista Surgery Center does accept assignment on Medicare Part B claims. By accepting assignment, we agree to adjust your charges to Medicare’s approved amount. Medicare will also send the payment directly to our office. In some cases your physician may want to do a procedure that is not listed with Medicare. If the center knows about this procedure prior to surgery we will notify the patient as to the non-coverage and give the patient the options of coming to the Center. If the procedure is performed without patient prior notification, there will be no expense to the patient.
Medicare typically pays 80% of the approved amount for covered procedures after you have met your annual deductible. You are responsible for your deductible and the remaining 20% balance of the facility fee. If you have a supplemental insurance policy, we will submit any balance to them after we receive the Medicare payment. You do not need to submit anything to your supplemental insurance, nor do you need to send us a copy of your Explanation of Medicare Benefits. Any deductible, copay or coinsurance will be collected the day of your surgery.
When you register for services at Truvista Surgery Center, you sign an agreement with the Center which states that you understand it to be your full responsibility to pay for the services rendered by the Center regardless of your type or amount of health insurance. You also consent for us to directly bill your insurance carrier for the covered portion of the charge. We expect you will meet this payment obligation, and pay your bill in full within 60 days from date of service.
If it becomes evident a patient does not intend to take care of his/her financial obligation to Truvista Surgery Center, a collection agency and/or legal action may be implemented to settle the debt.